Not every dog owner buys and uses a dog crate. But it is one of the essential items to ensure your dog’s safety. So what is a dog crate? What types of dog crates are there? How to buy the best dog crate? Please refer to the following article of Petaddic.net for complete information about dog crates.
What is a Dog Crate?
A dog crate is specialized equipment for keeping dogs and cats, creating a separate space for dogs to rest and relax. Designed by materials: stainless steel, wood, plastic, fabric to create their own space, the area is suitable for the size of the dog. It may or may not be covered, but must have a door that opens and closes so that the dog cannot run around the house.
Why Choose a Dog Crate?
We all know that dogs are the most popular pets in the world. They are nurtured, close and close to humans. Every day, they will live with us, play, and play with each family member. Therefore, it is extremely necessary to prepare a cage or “private” house for dogs. Because of this, they will have a small “private” corner, play, sleep, eat and freely operate. They will feel your love, care, and concern.
Having a private house, It will live in it every day; there are rules. Therefore, it will limit the inconvenience or trouble that they can cause in family activities. Typically such as: scratching the wall, breaking the fence… With a dynamic personality, active. Surely a house or private cage will open up a comfortable living space for them and you.
Dogs will be comfortable to grow better. In addition, choosing a dog crate will make your living space safer and more spacious. A separate space suitable for dogs will bring them joy, especially for families living in urban areas with limited space.
Therefore, as soon as you have chosen a favorite pet dog for yourself, immediately buy a suitable cage for your dog.
What Types of Dog Crates Are There?
The need to keep dogs and cats in captivity… is a lot. However, the characteristics of the dogs and the purpose of use are also different. Therefore, many types of dog crates with different sizes, designs, and uses were born. Here is the material classification of dog crates:
– Dog crate made of metal: usually, this type of crate is durable, anti-rust, ventilation, easy to clean. However, the aesthetics of this type of cage are not high. There are many different types of metal dog crates available in various styles, sizes, and price ranges to suit your budget.
– Dog crate made of plastic: the body and floor are made of hard plastic or flexible plastic that is strong and has high privacy. However, plastic material is very easy to get dirty and has a bad smell after a long time of use. This is a preferred product for travel or long-distance travel by plane, the price of the crate is quite high.
– Dog crate made of wood: The design is aesthetically pleasing, beautiful, for a cool, dog-friendly living space. You can use it as a table to decorate the interior of your home. However, this type of cage is very easy to get dirty, bitten by dogs, difficult to clean, and expensive.
– Dog crates made of cloth: The cage is not commonly used, quite temporary with not high durability, easy to be bitten and torn. The crate is light in weight and can be folded when not in use, easy to store and move.
What Material Should You Choose for Your Dog’s Cage?
What material should you choose for your dog’s cage?
To choose the right pet dog cage, you need to consider many issues before choosing. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
+ What breed of dog do you have? (characteristics, personality, .. of them).
+ What size do you need?
+ What is the purpose of using the barn?
- Only in captivity should choose stainless steel cages.
- Capturing and increasing aesthetics, decorating the house should choose a wooden barn
- For picnics, you should choose a soft cloth cage.
- Travel away from home for a long time. Should choose a plastic cage because it is pretty beautiful, compact, and easy to move.
Depending on the dog’s characteristics and the purpose of use, you should choose the appropriate cage. You can refer to some beautiful, compact, and diverse wooden dog crates here.
You might also like: The 13 Best Dog Crates Reviews
What Size Dog Crates to Buy?
Dog crates need to create a comfortable space for dogs to lie down, stand comfortably, even play. Therefore, the size of the dog crate needs to be enough for living. So what size dog crate should be enough?
When buying a dog crate, owners need to understand the maximum weight that the dog can achieve, if raised from a young age. Choose the size of the dog crate based on the weight of the dog. The size of the dog crate needs to ensure space: sleeping, toileting, dogs can comfortably stand and sit in the crate. The calculation is appropriate for the maximum size of the dog and the space to place the crate.
Information on dog weight and standard floor size that users can refer to: dogs under 5kg – crate 30x50cm, dogs from 5-10kg with cage size 45x60cm, dogs from 11-20kg with size 50x75cm, dogs from 21 – 35 kg, size 60x90cm, dog from 35-45kg, size from 70x100cm. The height can be flexible according to the maximum height of the adult dog.
How to Buy the Best Dog Crate?
The dog crate is carefully selected to create a comfortable, suitable, and best living space for the growth and development of the dog. Here are the criteria to consider when choosing to buy a dog crate :
– Dog crate material: As classified above, users need to pay attention to the material of the dog crate, ensuring the criteria of durability, ventilation, safety for pet’s health, easy cleaning, and convenience. The metal dog crates are pretty sturdy, easy to clean, and there are many products suitable for many types of dogs. If you want a dog crate with high aesthetics, you can choose a wooden crate, but the crate is not easy to clean. Or a convenient plastic crate for trips.
– The dog crate size: Choose the size that needs to take into account the maximum growth ability of the dog, the weight and height of the dog to choose the right crate size for the dog’s growth, living space, comfortable accommodation for the dog. Dogs do not feel the painful constriction.
Dog crates need to have enough space to sleep, eat, go to the toilet, and be a little comfortable to play. The height is flexible according to the place where the dog house is installed. The floor of the dog crate should be higher than the floor to create ventilation for the dog crate.
– Design, style: Choose a crate with a beautiful design, suitable for housing space, especially indoor crates, that need to match the eye-catching interior design. Should choose a crate with a roof design so that the dog does not jump out, especially with an outdoor crate.
Dog crates need to ensure ventilation of light and air to help dogs grow stably, not to generate mold, moisture inside to cause diseases for dogs. The floor should have a drainage slot, making it easy to clean, and the dog’s urine is not stagnant.
– Accessories included: It would help if you chose dog crates that come with floor mats, wheels at the base of the pillars to help the dog crate move easily, with safety locks and latches, trays for drinking water, food…
– Price and reputable supply address: You should refer to reputable brands, quality products, safety, and prices that are suitable for your budget
Best Dog Crates to Use Safely Today
See the detailed article The 12 Best Dog Crate Reviews 2021 here.
- Best Overall: Diggs Revol Dog Crate
- Best for Small Dogs: EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate
- Best for Medium Dogs: New World Pet Products Folding Metal Dog Crate
- Best for Larger Dogs: New World Pet Products Folding Metal Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crate For Extra-Large Dogs: MidWest Homes for Pets XXL Giant Dog Crate
- Best for Puppies: MidWest Homes for Pets Stages Dog Crate
- Best Wood: Casual Home Wooden Medium Pet Crate, End Table, Espresso
- Best Plastic: Petmate Sky Kennel Pet Carrier
- Best Heavy- Duty: LUCKUP Heavy Duty Dog Cage Strong Metal Kennel
- Best with Cover: MidWest iCrate Starter Kit
- Best for Travel: SportPet Designs Rolling Travel Dog Crate
- Best Soft And Collapsible Dog Crate: Petnation Port-A-Crat
Having a dog in a cage is a safe solution for people and pets, solving space problems and annoyances that dogs can cause.
Pay attention to evaluate technical standards, suitable breeding space to choose the best dog cage for long-term use. Hopefully, the above suggestions will be useful for users to choose to buy a quality, affordable dog cage.
Read more: Dog